Project 1: Civil Society Dialog for Strong Women
- Rize and Ordu Provinces, Turkey
- Prague Province, Czechia
- All provinces of Estonia and Lithuania
International Partners of the project (co-applicant)
- Gender Studies, o.p.s., Czechia
- Estonian Disabled Women’s Association, Estonia
- Lithuanian Women’s Society, Lithuania
Role in the project: Project leader
Objectives of the project
Overall objective: to strengthen the position of women in Rize and improve the information exchange and sustainable cooperation between Turkish and European CSOs.
Project work packages
- Project Coordination and Management;
- Visibility and Dissemination;
- Work Package for Experience Exchange on the “Women-friendly Cities Programme”:
- Work Package of “We Get Stronger As We Become More Aware”:
- Work Package for The Establishment of The Women in Local Governance E-platform:
- Work Package for Training on “Women-friendly Cities Programme”:
- Turkey and The EU Conferences
Results of the project
- The coordination team was formed and a strong monitoring, measurement, evaluation, and reporting was performed.
- The communication strategy of the Action was prepared.
- Turkish, Estonian, Lithuanian, and Czech women’s CSOs exchanged information on “Women-friendly Cities” and good practices of the Prague Municipality were examined.
- The awareness level of women’s CSOs regarding women with disabilities increased.
- The “women in local governance e-platform” was established with the participation of CSOs.
- The capacity building for the directors and representatives of the Rize-Fındıklı Municipality and the Ordu-Gülyalı Municipality was achieved to create women-friendly cities. Women’s CSOs operation in Fındıklı and Gülyalı achieved higher advocacy capacity with regard to women-friendly cities.
- Turkey was promoted in Estonia, Lithuania, and Czechia, while the EU was promoted in Ordu and Rize.
The institution which supports the project: European Union